Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Still Winter In March

Old Man Winter doesn't want to go away.  After a light snow dusting last weekend the prediction is for snow showers tomorrow.  It is wreaking avoc on the herbs that I transplanted outside.  Every time there is a chance of snow or bitter cold I am putting plastic buckets over the new transplants to give them a chance to make it through the bad weather. 

I purchased 10 new raspberry plants of Polana  variety and 10 plants of Anna variety to plant in the garden.  Over the last couple of years I have lost a large number of my once vigorous and thriving raspberry patch.  When reading the instructions on how to care to for the plants I purchased, it specifically says, "Do not water more than 1-3 times per week".  Yikes! I was using a trickle watering system twice a day.  I very likely introduced a virus or rotted the roots.  Learned my lesson and won't do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment